The Chief HR Officer for the Office of the Chief Operating Office business establishes and implements mid to long-term human resources strategies to support the business’ operations, employees and managers in alignment with the organization’s objectives. This position leads a team who are responsible for developing and delivering people services within this business’ operations in areas of general human resources, human resources operations, compensation and benefits, mobility, employee relations, talent acquisition, talent management and organization development, and training and development. The role reports to the enterprise Chief People Officer.Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Develops the HR strategy with the line of business to ensure the effectiveness of human resources strategies and processes aligned to the organization’s people and performance objectives.
- Consults with executive leadership from other functions to solve significant people and cultural issues, talent development and the implementation of efficient and effective human resources and talent strategies.
- Develops mid to long-term plans for their human resources team to execute talent strategies and optimize the human resources function.
- Manages performance of team members through regular, timely feedback as well as the formal performance review process to ensure development and delivery of HR strategies and to foster team member engagement, motivation, and development.
- Consults with business leaders and HR partners on key activities to develop and deploy solutions (i.e. workforce planning, organizational effectiveness, associate development, compensation, succession planning, employee relations and I&D).
- Serves as a trusted advisor to executives and leaders incorporating the understanding of industry and workforce trends to ensure the readiness of the current future workforce.
- Coaches and develops leaders, executives and the team to support overall organizational objectives.
- University (Degree) Preferred
- 10+ Years Required
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, the competitive compensation package may include, depending on the role, participation in an incentive program linked to performance (for example, annual discretionary incentive programs, non-annual sales incentive plans, or other non-annual incentive plans).
TIAA is the leading provider of financial services in the academic, research, medical, cultural and government fields. We offer a wide range of financial solutions, including investing, banking, advice and education, and retirement services.
Benefits and Total Rewards
The organization is committed to making financial well-being possible for its clients, and is equally committed to the well-being of our associates. That’s why we offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package designed to make a positive difference in the lives of our associates and their loved ones. Our benefits include a superior retirement program and highly competitive health, wellness and work life offerings that can help you achieve and maintain your best possible physical, emotional and financial well-being. To learn more about your benefits, please review our Benefits Summary.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
Read more about the Equal Opportunity Law here.
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you are a U.S. applicant and desire a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application please use one of the below options to contact our accessibility support team:
Phone: (800) 842-2755
Email: [email protected]
For Applicants of TIAA, Nuveen and Affiliates residing in US (other than California), click here.
For Applicants of TIAA, Nuveen and Affiliates residing in California, please click here.
For Applicants of Nuveen residing in Europe and APAC, please click here.
For Applicants of Greenwood residing in Brazil (English), click here.
For Applicants of Greenwood residing in Brazil (Portuguese), click here.
For Applicants of Westchester residing in Brazil (English), click here.
For Applicants of Westchester residing in Brazil (Portuguese), click here.
To apply for this job please visit careers.tiaa.org.