IFC’s Human Resources (HR) Department provides strategic partnership to the business to develop and implement workforce strategies and meet organizational goals, including attracting, developing and deploying diverse and skilled talent.
- Client Services offers strategic HR partnership, program implementation, support and solutions to staff and management globally through our HR Business Partner network.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion supports the organization to build a diverse workforce, embrace equity, and foster an inclusive workplace.
- Strategy and Organizational Effectiveness elevates employee experience and effectiveness through digital HR solutions, policy enhancements, organizational design, and workforce planning.
- Global Talent Acquisition and Mobility Services facilitates the end-to-end recruitment process in partnership with hiring managers and attracts candidates with desired skills to join IFC. Supports candidates and staff who are relocating internationally (coming in FY25).
- Talent Development and Incentives designs a skills-based talent management approach encompassing best practice HR solutions in onboarding, mentoring, career management and mobility, performance/talent management, incentives and awards, and leadership development.
IFC HR Client Services is seeking an HR Analyst, Client Services, based in Washington, D.C. The candidate will report to the Manager, HR Client Services and will provide support across the spectrum of HR duties for designated clients.
Duties and Accountabilities:
The HR Analyst will partner with HR Business Partners and HR Program Assistants in the delivery and flawless execution of HR products and services to IFC clients.
S/he will provide analytical support, manage HR databases, produce periodic and ad hoc reports, develop and maintain HR information and reporting systems, and support staff in matters concerning recruitment, mobility, performance management, workforce planning, training and career development.
The following is a sample of duties and accountabilities:
- Develop a strong understanding of the rationale underlying HR policies to guide staff and management in the interpretation of such policies & procedures
- Support the implementation of HR Programs and deliverables in IFC
- Using the existing HR information systems, conduct general research, analysis and interpretation of data; provide information regarding staffing issues and prepare summary reports and presentations as needed to strengthen HR’s support to IFC’s business objectives and global footprint. This includes not only data retrieval but also interpretation and write-up of analysis and recommendations on an independent basis with minimum supervision.
- In consultation with relevant subject matter experts, troubleshoot and problem-solve process and data issues when they arise and develop quality assurance practices to catch and resolve issues
- Work across the teams to assist in the development of best practice reports, presentations, metrics that create consistent approaches and practices in these areas
- Support HR Department’s initiative to improve data quality and accuracy in systems
- Design innovative and customized reports on the basis of assessed client needs to fill information gaps and enable strategic decision making
- Using developed templates, tools and systems to manage HR processes, support client teams with the delivery and implementation of key HR products, processes and services such as: performance management, talent management, recruitment, onboarding, workforce planning, Diversity and Inclusion etc.
- Prepare regular staffing analyses, formal reports, briefs, or presentations to the team and/or for guidance to clients
- Broad Business Thinking- Maintains an in-depth understanding of the long term implications of decisions both for department and the client’s business
- Domain Knowledge – Human Resources Programs and Policies- Demonstrates thorough knowledge and understanding of HR policies, practices and systems
- Project/Program Management- Able to serve on project teams and executes sets of tasks for the completion of complex projects and communicates the achievement of key project milestones to ensure on-track completion of projects
- Deliver Results for Clients – Contributes to delivery of results for clients on complex issues.
- Collaborate Within Teams and Across Boundaries
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Finance, Business, or a similar field is desired but not mandatory, and minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or a minimum of 4 years of experience plus a bachelor’s degree.
- Strong knowledge of HR systems and tools
- Proven experience in analytical skills (especially HR Analytics): demonstrated ability to conduct research and analysis, data mining, report generation, good narrative grasp of ‘the story behind the numbers’, and ability to articulate issues and recommend solutions to aid management in decision-making.
- Solid knowledge of core HR areas: compensation/benefits, strategic staffing, performance management, career development, staffing and recruitment, and case management
- Proficiency in all HR Systems and Microsoft Windows applications, especially a proficient use of Excel, Word and Power Point, including advanced spreadsheet design, lookup tables, manipulation, and analysis skills.
- Professional integrity, willingness and flexibility to ‘roll-up your sleeves’ to engage in all aspects of HR work from identification and design to implementation
- Strong oral and written communications and presentation skills, ability to translate complex data for a variety of audiences, and experience with preparing client-ready materials.
- Strong quality control orientation; attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
- High level of integrity, tact and discretion when managing sensitive and confidential information
- Flexibility and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting work priorities and demands
- Ability to multitask, meet tight deadlines, and attend to details while staying focused on key priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.