QinetiQ US’s dedicated experts in defense, aerospace, security, and related fields all work together to explore new ways of protecting the American Warfighter, Security Forces, and Allies. Being a part of QinetiQ US means being central to the safety and security of the world around us. Partnering with our customers, we help save lives; reduce risks to society; and maintain the global infrastructure on which we all depend.
Why Join QinetiQ US?
If you have the courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges, then you will experience a unique working environment where innovative teams blend different perspectives, disciplines, and technologies to discover new ways of solving complex problems. In our diverse and inclusive environment, you can be authentic, feel valued, be respected, and realize your full potential. QinetiQ US will support you with workplace flexibility, a commitment to the health and well-being of you and your family and provide opportunities to work with a purpose. We are committed to supporting your success in both your professional and personal lives.
QinetiQ US is seeking an HR Generalist with high emotional intelligence and a superior customer service focus to support our HR Business Partner team. The ideal candidate places high value on accountability, works independently and with a sense of urgency, and is passionate about creating an excellent employee experience.
- Serves as the primary HR POC to multiple divisions of approximately 300 employees to answer policy, process, benefit-related, and other HR questions.
- Escalates matters when necessary to their HR Business Partner or others within the larger HR team.
- Articulates responses to employee questions in writing and over the phone in an empathetic way while providing a positive customer service experience.
- Processes requests in accordance with standardized procedures as they relate to new hires, internal transfers, employment separations, and ad-hoc employee lifecycle related processes that occur.
- Supports HR Business Partners and managers to address performance concerns through verbal and written counseling and assists by preparing documentation as needed.
- Monitors personnel actions and actions that are triggered in accordance with pay periods and processing timelines to ensure accurate and timely deductions or updates to payroll.
- Develops an in depth understanding of the company policies to communicate details to employees and managers.
- Drafts standard documents such as transition memos, compensation increase letters, employment verifications, etc.
- Responds to background investigations, employment verifications and unemployment claims in a timely manner to ensure compliance.
- E-filing of documentation in employment records.
- Completes ad-hoc tasks in support of employee engagement initiatives to include items such as occasional event coordination and assistance with administrative tasks such as ordering gifts, etc.
- Drafts HR-related communication to large audiences through various employee and manager communication channels.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven experience providing extraordinary customer service.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience working in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
- 5 years of experience working in progressive HR related roles, in a Government Contracting environment.
- Familiarity with employment law as it relates to COBRA, FMLA, AAP, EEO, HIPAA, OFCCP, FLSA, etc.
- General knowledge of standard HR policies and procedures.
- Experience with HRIS systems and capabilities (preferably SuccessFactors and/or UKG).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Must have the ability to work a hybrid schedule (remote and in office).
Company EEO Statement
If because of a medical condition or disability you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] or call (540) 658-2720 Opt. 4 and let us know the nature of your request and contact information.
QinetiQ US is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All Qualified Applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.