Website evolution_iq EvolutionIQ
EvolutionIQ leading the AI transformation of insurance carriers.
About us: EvolutionIQ’s mission is to improve the lives of injured and disabled workers and enable them to return to the workforce, saving billions of dollars in avoidable costs and lost productivity to the US and global economies and make insurance more affordable for everyone. We are currently experiencing massive growth and to accomplish our goals, we are hiring world-class talent who want to help build and scale internally, and transform the insurance space. We’re backed by First Round Capital, FirstMark Capital, Foundation Capital, Brewer Lane Ventures, and have been named as Inc.’s top places to work! Our headquarters is in NYC and we are also remote friendly.
The VP People is a key leader at EvolutionIQ who is responsible for developing a world-class employee experience. Our employees give us a competitive advantage and the purpose of this role is to create and manage innovative human resources services and programs that enable our people to develop, grow, and succeed. The VP People will maintain a strategic perspective but also be hands on operationally. This role reports to the CEO and will partner closely with the executive leadership team. With the nature of this role we expect this person to be in our NYC HQ regularly each week with flexibility.
In this Role, You Will: The VP People will lead the development and execution of our strategic HR plan as well as shorter term initiatives in line with our business objectives. You will build the highest performing organization imaginable and proactively plan and prepare for our next stage of growth. The VP will manage, improve, and grow all the following core HR areas:
- Drive a high performing culture that ensures fairness across the organization
- Work with executive leadership to develop effective internal communications (between and among management and employees) to promote morale and achieve company-wide goals
- Act as a coach and mentor to managers to employ various organization development techniques including; conflict resolution, team building, professional development, roles and responsibility clarity, resource planning and performance management
- Partner with executive leadership on key retention strategies
- Provide guidance on employee relations issues
- Develop a competitive compensation philosophy & practices and implement it globally
- Lead all People events (e.g. compensation and review cycles)
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance in all employment related aspects of the organization with thorough knowledge in such areas as EEO, FMLA, and other regulatory requirements, including international standards
- In partnership with our Director of Recruiting, continue to redefine and implement an approach on attracting, hiring, and retaining top talent
- Provide strategic leadership on diversity and inclusion efforts worldwide
Experience & Qualifications:
- Ten plus years of progressive HR experience, including prior experience leading the HR function as an executive team member
- Experience working in the technology industry, preferably at a rapidly scaling startup
- Experience developing and managing effective incentive compensation, benefits, and reward and recognition programs globally
- Ability to think strategically but also focus on tactical and operational issues
- A track record of building strong, effective teams of people with complementary skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels: with the CEO, leadership team, and employees
- Strong conflict resolution skills and the ability to influence a variety of stakeholders
Work-life, Culture & Perks:
- Compensation: This position is based in our NYC HQ with flexibility, the salary range is ~$200-250K depending on experience. We also offer significant equity and a strong benefits package detailed below
- Well-Being: Full medical, dental, vision, short- & long-term disability, 401k matching. 100% of the employee contribution up to 3% and 50% of the next 2%
- Home & Family: Flexible PTO, 100% paid parental leave (4 months for primary caregivers and 3 months for secondary caregivers), sick days, paid time off. For new parents returning to work we offer a flexible schedule. We also offer sleep training to help you and your family navigate life schedules with a newborn
- We also have a flexible vacation policy and are closed for winter break at the end of the year
- Office Life: Catered lunches, happy hours, and pet-friendly office space. $500 for your in home office setup and $200/year for upgrades every year after your initial setup
- Growth & Training: $1,000/year for each employee for professional development, as well as upskilling opportunities internally
- Sponsorship: We are open to sponsoring candidates currently in the U.S. who need to transfer their active H1-B visa
EvolutionIQ appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. EvolutionIQ is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.