The Human Resources Admin will directly assist the Human Resources Department with a wide range of projects related to HR compliance, recruiting, onboarding/orientation, employee benefits, and volunteer intern programs. This internship is designed to be both educational and practical. In this position, the intern will learn how to take skills she or he may have acquired in school related to his or her areas of interest and apply them in a professional setting. He or she will gain a better understanding of the role that Human Resources can play in a sports industry setting and be better prepared to work in the arena of human resources and the nonprofit sector. The candidate will also have opportunities to network with the programs, finance, and development staff.
• Begin to develop a current knowledge of HR Laws and Regulations.
• Keep abreast of new developments in the HR field.
• Develop a working knowledge of HR information databases and searchable resources.
• Keep abreast of Document retention requirements
• Attend seminars and meetings relative to the HR profession.
• Cultivate interpersonal skills
• Develop negotiating and public speaking skills
• Foster time management skills
• Track progress, deadlines, and priorities of all projects
• Prepare Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents
• Proofread HR documents including audits, marketing information, and handbooks.
• May be responsible for making meeting and travel arrangements
• Maintain TeamWorks (job posting and following up with open jobs)
• Assist with Pre-Employment Processes
• Assist in tracking requisitions
• Assist with coordinating candidate interviews
• Managing personnel files (creating new and removing terminated)
• Other duties as assigned
• Work proactively with other team members.
• Prioritize activities for the best interest of the team when working on joint projects.
• Openly share new ideas and information with other team members.
• Keep other team members apprised to avoid surprises and disappointed clients.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Current enrollment in a graduate or undergraduate degree program with an interest and aptitude to work in Human resources
• Personable, able to comfortably and pleasantly deal with a variety of people
• Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Excellent organizational and planning skills
• Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills.
• Ability to share knowledge and work in a strong team-oriented environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and internet applications
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class