Job SummaryThe HR Manager partners with HR Centers of Excellence to support human resources programs and processes. This role is responsible for building positive relationships with business leaders to drive F&G’s goals through alignment with HR’s initiatives. This role will collaborate with other HR team members to develop solutions to support leaders in achieving their objectives.
The HR manager will report to the Director, HRBP, supporting the retail organization.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Builds positive relationships with assigned functional area employees and leaders. Consults regularly with functional area leaders and provides guidance when appropriate.
- Internal source and liaison to the assigned functional area for HR policies, procedures, performance management, recruitment, employee relations issues, and matters relating to employment law.
- Supports functional area leaders with identifying, mediating, and resolving employee relations issues; works with managers and employees to bring about improved performance and/or behavior changes or reach defensible separation decisions.
- Ensures regulatory compliance with legal requirements pertinent to the day-to-day management of employees; collaborates with the HR Compliance Partner and/or HR leadership when necessary.
- Fosters and maintains a positive and productive employee engagement climate and culture; works with managers on employee engagement initiativesthat support building morale, improving workplace relationships, and boosting productivity and retention within assigned functional areas.
- Meets with employees on HR issues as needed and provides guidance. Inform HR leadership regarding performance issues and employment situations, as appropriate.
- Recommends new approaches, HR policies, and procedures to effect continual process improvements.
- Advises employees on the resources available for personal development and other HR-related offerings.
- Develops trusting relationships and assists functional area leaders as an HR consultant.
Experience And Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required with studies in Human Resources or related areas preferred.
- Seven+ years of proven work experience in Human Resources, with at least three years in an HR Generalist role with an emphasis in experience helpful, but not required.
- HR professional certifications are strongly preferred.
Skills And Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships effectively and successfully across all levels and provide consultative partnership.
- Demonstrated ability to think out of the box and find innovative solutions-
- Demonstrated ability to counsel employees and leaders in difficult circumstances.
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills
- Strong work ethic, sense of urgency, and must be tech savvy.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong proactive communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective collaboration.
- Engaged by a dynamic work environment where empowerment, collaboration and innovation are encouraged.
- Self-directed individual who encourages the empowerment of team members, enabling everyone to make an impact.
- Authentic team member who is transparent with others regarding decisions made and delivers on commitments.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Office environment
- Use of general office equipment
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
- Up to 15% travel required.
F&G believes in an employee-centric flexible environment, which is why we offer the ability for in-office, hybrid and remote work arrangements. During the hiring process, you’ll work with your leader to decide what works best for your role.
Join our employee-centric hybrid work environment: F&G Careers
Since 1959, Fidelity & Guaranty Life Insurance Company (F&G) has offered annuity and life insurance products to those who are seeking security in retirement and protection during life’s unexpected events.
As a national Top Workplace1, an Iowa Top Workplace2 and a proud equal opportunity employer, F&G team members are empowered, collaborative, dynamic and authentic. We believe that by embracing these values, we will continue to build and strengthen the company while continuing to be a great place to work.
1Top Workplaces USA 2022 – 2023
2Des Moines Register Top Workplaces 2018 – 2022Notice for all Applicants who are California residents under the California Privacy Rights Act. Please click here to review the policy.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.