Looking for the best change management software? Keep on reading to find a detailed review on some of the best change management software.
Change management software describes tools and apps that companies utilize during an organizational change in making the process seamless and smooth for customers, managers, and employees. Like there are different change management models and types of organizational change, there are also various options of change management software.
Choosing the app software depends on the change type and wherein the business the change management cycle affects. For instance, if a company splits some larger departments into several smaller ones, it may require software to survey and provide feedback about its impact. It may collect feedback from employees and customers on how to help the new departments run in a smooth way.
In any case, different companies have different change management expectations. Thus, every company should understand its position and budget well to choose the best management tools. No doubt that, change is inevitable.
Nevertheless, you must understand that every change initiative within a company faces some resistance from some customers or workers. Some reasons for the opposition may include unrealistic timelines, fear of failure, mistrust, and poor communication. Yet, using strategic change management software can help to provide reassurance among resistant parties.
Best Change Management Software 2022
A reliable change management system ought to focus on all resistance causes. Besides, it should gather information to support the change through employee engagement, training tools, and change leaders. This article will discuss the 15 best change management software in 2022, but first let's have a look at the five best change management tools that we rate as best for your concerns:
Now, let's dive in for a detailed review of 15 top change management software:
This software describes an interactive digital change adoption tool for filling a considerable gap in change management through offering ongoing training and employee onboarding support. It is an excellent option for interactive workflows to speed up switching to new software options.
The good thing is that it walks users through the crucial steps in adopting new tech through personalized training and onboarding programs. It provides a contextual training process that enables users to adopt the new workflow. Hence, it can result in improved productivity regardless of the shift to a new model.
Whatfix helps the workers to get back on track and ensures minimal downtime. It is best to mention that the software also comes with a remarkable integration with SCORM-compliant help desks and LMSs (Learning Management Systems).
Therefore, it can auto-generate its walk-throughs in several formats, including screenshots, slideshows, PDFs, and videos. It is possible to embed these formats in helps desks and LMS, which lowers the effort and time necessary to create content.
Above all, it provides built analytics to track users’ progress. Thus, it helps them to measure guided walkthroughs usage across various touch points on the app.
Here are some of its most prevalent benefits:
- It has easy LMSs and helps desk software integration.
- The software features cloud and on-premise setups for flexibility.
- It features around-the-clock support and dedicated account managers.
- The tool offers personalized training and onboarding programs.
- It comes with a customizable analytics dashboard.
- The software provides self-serving contextual support and help.
- It provides a step-by-step guide on the most crucial change management processes.
- The tool requires no coding, which makes it easy to create interactive walkthroughs.
- It comes with interactive walkthroughs to boost workers' productivity.
2. BMC Remedy Change Management Software 9
This tool describes an innovative BMC ITSM (IT Service Management) platform. It is suitable for IT departments looking to coordinate and document several change management procedure requests. It allows change managers to monitor the implementation process, create change plans, and review requests.
This change management solution is ideal for managing new releases, such as automatic notifications and deployment tracking for stakeholders. The good part is that it can help to manage up to 40% change management failure. Besides, the tool enables users to release management, track changes, and implement change requests using a phone or computer. Thus, it becomes simple to monitor the transformation process.
Looking to become an HR professional? Enroll in our top-rated human resources certifications to excel in your HR career:
Here are the key benefits:
- It comes with an Information Tech Infrastructure Library (ITIL) complaint procedure.
- The tool provides impact analytics and collision detection.
- It features a customizable dashboard and a self-service portal.
- The app features mobile self-service and cloud & on-premise implementation.
- It comes with live chat and virtual agents for quick help.
This app is suitable for development teams in improving their delivery processes during change management. It allows globally distributed and disconnected teams to communicate through a single truth source throughout all change processes.
This strategy creates a collaborative environment for helping development managers to track changes to assets such as features, defects, and source codes to allow a controlled distribution. The software also comes with a customizable workflow that enables an integrated and flexible workflow engine. This approach helps to establish the rules and processes for launching new software.
It offers benefits such as:
- It comes with a central data warehouse for all digital resources’ types in a company.
- The tool offers impact analysis.
- It features a change request option that provides an instant alert whenever a change occurs.
- The tool has simple tracking of tasks, features, defects, and source codes.
- It comes with a single repository of management options for change processes, tools, and teams.
4. Rocket Aldon
The software is suitable for supporting development teams in change management. It is the best change management system with end-to-end configuration and multiplatform available on the market. The good thing with Rocket Aldon is that several users can access it simultaneously.
Thus, it enables several managers to view changes based on tasks and applications. In other words, it is unlike other options that can only store the structure development files for future access. The company also offers the ALM (Enterprise Application Lifecycle Management) tool for automating the entire process of change management and software delivery.
In general, Rocket Aldon providers numerous benefits such as:
- It provides a central inventory to manage all app components.
- The tool facilitates the automation of IT workflow.
- It features distributed development across various sites.
- The software comes with point-and-click package redeployment, deployment, and promotion.
- It comes with a distributed development and allows end-to-end change management.
5. ChangeGear Change Manager
This software refers to a standard ITIL-based app that utilizes advanced controls and automation for change management. It provides the guide in a straightforward interface. The tool is suitable for multiple change management roles such as business, IT, and DevOps.
It is an excellent option for users looking to simplify the change management process in PCI compliance, manage FDA CFR 21 & NERC/CIP, limit IT risks, and minimize release bottlenecks for DevOps.
The tool offers these benefits:
- It manages risk by creating a chief respiratory option for all business changes in the company.
- The tool can update changes with SLA management.
- It allows users to change manager dashboards with KPIs, metrics, and visual reporting.
- The software comes with built-in change model workflows suitable for business processes, DevOps, and ITIL.
- It features distributed development.
- The tool allows approval routing for increasing automation efficiency.
6. Giva eChangeManager
This option refers to a subset cloud app in Giva Service Management that is easy to use and ITIL compliant. It offers a robust reporting option that enables measuring and monitoring of the KPIs and analytics. Besides, it comes with the point-and-click configuration & customization that thwarts consultants and programmers to set up the app.
Its benefits may include:
- It provides notifications to its users through PDA, cell phone, email, and pager.
- The tool offers automatic notifications to the change advisory board and change manager, depending on the rules.
- It allows users to store file attachments and link them to change records.
- The tool has an option to expedite its routine changes.
- It comes with customizable business rules, options, screens, and fields.
- The tools feature the best ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) and practice workflow processes for IT changes.
- It comes with a centralized IT change plan.
7. ServiceNow Release & Change Management App
This tool falls under the ServiceNow ITSM wing and works best for several enterprises and SMBs. A simple dashboard and calendar allow users to prevent communication barriers and keep teams updated. It is an excellent option for systematic control of the life cycle and personal change initiatives.
In any case, this change management system can help to minimize IT services disruption. If you introduce this application in your company, it will improve the service desk.
Here are some of the benefits you will reap:
- It allows easy and built-in integration with other ServiceNow tools.
- The software makes CAB (Change Advisory Board) meetings easier by enabling managers to manage, plan and schedule appointments.
- It is ideal for change collision detection, impact, and dynamic risk calculation.
- The tool comes with a centralized record system and an integrated change calendar.
This tool describes a reliable IT asset management software from Freshdesk. It is suitable for change management, release management, asset management, and business reporting. The tool's feature is to handle various integrations and verticals with its sales platform, Freshdesk, and parent desk platform.
The benefits include:
- It features simple built-in integration with other Freshdesk apps.
- The tool makes it easy to manage and create CAB (Change Advisory Board) meetings.
- It can mitigate and analyze risks before they occur.
- The tool allows users to roll back, track and plan changes with one tool.
Howspace is an AI-powered tool that promotes collaboration in the change process. It comes with features suitable for both organizational transformations and learning management. It features workspaces similar to social media sites to turn all participants into change leaders.
The tool documents every conversation and concern. It is ideal for empowering workers while they learn new programs and processes. The tool is unlike other options that dump training materials into workers’ PCs. Instead, it provides a social and learning platform.
Hence, participants can access coaching, share feedback and chat about the assignment on one page. What makes this tool a better option is that it uses AI clustering. Thus, it can analyze all discussions and pick frequent concerns & topics. It allows to set up behavior-triggered notifications to monitor progress.
Here are more benefits:
- It provides AI-powered analytics.
- The building feedback gathering option scans discussions, questions, and polls.
- It can share materials in the photo, video, and text formats.
- The tool comes with a one-click login with no passwords or usernames.
- It features an intuitive drag-and-drop editor that enables users to create custom workspaces.
- This tool also assists in project management.
10. The Change Compass
This software is another excellent tool for ever-transforming companies. It can scan and measure the evolution impact as you tweak and implement new procedures and processes. Tracking metrics like operational efficiency, market growth, and cost savings provide a clear overview of how the change affects business productivity.
In general, the tool will track the impact of each shift in altering internal policies, transforming customer interactions, and launching new products. In simple terms, it features a built-in program providing internal reports of customer and workers' impact to help you make informed business decisions for prosperity.
It also features the following benefits:
- It provides business capability and assessments and scenario planning based on the previous change procedures.
- The tool provides heat maps to help you identify patterns and highlight scenarios with considerable change impacts.
- It offers data-driven risk analysis.
- The software scans the impact on both the customers and workers.
11. The Change Shop
This tool comes with six categories to help users address various change management aspects. For instance, the change commitment dashboard will allow you to check the workers' engagement levels, identify potential issues, and monitor progress.
On the other hand, the change stimulator allows them to create “what if” queries for flagging negative impacts and potential risks before making any significant changes. The best part is that the software records data over time and uses it to provide in-depth insights for you to make educated decisions.
Here are the key benefits:
- It provides real-time feedback to help you gauge workers' perception and engagement towards specific change policies.
- The tool allows access to a case studies library, providing a reference point before making considerable business structure changes.
- It comes with research-backed tools that minimize change resistance.
- The tool offers recommendations based on industry benchmarked data from companies with similar transformations.
This software seeks to simplify the MOC (Management of Change) process by setting up a standardized method for evaluating and identifying the need for changes and the implementation and communication of change. It is a self-configurable site that can track and document considerable risks from personnel, equipment, and operations transformations.
Also, the tool comes with optional integrations such as pre-startup safety reviews and OSHA process safety management. These integrations allow for management compliance during the transition process.
Other benefits include:
- It features high-class integration with other apps such as Risk Assessment, Chemical Management, Lockout Tagout, and Industrial Hygiene.
- The tool comes with a mobile-friendly platform.
- It has a MOC manager for comprehensive compliance requirements review.
- This change management platform offers action item tracking with closure tracking and the real-time status.
This platform enables users to gather ideas from stakeholders, customers, and workers in one place. As soon as you receive a suggestion, it is best to use the tool to attach relevant documents such as research papers and case studies to see if it is worth developing. Moreover, it is an excellent tool for users to analyze change effectiveness & progress, establish crucial tracking metrics, and create an implementation plan.
The change management system is suitable for companies looking to collect feedback and take immediate action. It provides a platform to centralize discussions and data, making it easy to reduce communication barriers and improve customer satisfaction.
The key benefits include:
- It is free for about 50 users.
- The tool provides automated idea scoring to allow initiative prioritization.
- It comes with a mobile-friendly user interface and built-in discussions to enable team collaboration.
- The software provides idea challenges to encourage workers to create innovative solutions.
14. OrgMapper Influence
The easiest way to accelerate change is to identify influencers in the company. Thus, this tool allows users to identify strong change candidates to build an internal support system before initiating a business transformation.
It allows strength mapping reports to enable users to monitor how they communicate, receive and understand the information in the change process. Thus, you can use your change leaders to design future initiatives, improve change strategies, and build trust in the company.
Its key benefits include:
- It can drill down functions in reliable reports to identify weaknesses and strengths in change initiatives and agents.
- The tool can peer nomination to allow workers to elect change leaders.
- It offers a comprehensive communication scanner to identify ineffective and effective communication options.
15. jTask Pulse
This change management system solution provides a platform for users to plan, train and communicate business changes. In any case, it has modules, including Map, Train, Communicate, and Engage. These modules can help you map out a changed timeline, deliver training, choose communication strategies, and evaluate stakeholder buy-in.
The change management tool also offers the CCMP (Certified Change Management Professional) exam to help you entrust the change modules. Thus, it will facilitate transformation through several communication methods and training materials to promote real-time change progress.
Its key benefits include:
- It will allow you to access three data backups per day to protect your info.
- The change management tools come with a single sign-in option and no need for passwords and usernames.
- It features the drag-and-drop chart creation for comparing intelligent service management insights.
- Users can change the impact risk insights charts.
Change management can become complicated. However, using the best change management software will enable your company to adopt new plans. It is best to highlight the features you would like in your change management software solution upfront. Hence, you can shortlist the best vendors.
HR university offers the best online human resources courses to help you manage your workplace. You ought to check out the website for insights to improve your work environment. Besides, the platform will give you factors to consider when choosing the best software for change management. Check out the official website for the best content in HR departments.
Here is a list of questions along with answers on change management:
1. What is the Meaning of Change Management Process?
It describes the systematic strategy to adopt to transformation or transition in techs, processes and goals. The main objective of a change management process is to implement approaches for helping involved parties adapt, controlling change, and effecting change.
2. What are Examples of Change Management Tools?
Change tools refer to automated and manual tools to help project stakeholders in change requests management—they form a crucial PMI process portion for integrating change control. Recent surveys indicate that Benchmarking & Balanced Scorecards, Employee Engagement Surveys, Customer Relationship Management, and Strategic Planning are the most popular change management software.
If you are new to Human Resources and are looking to break into an HR role, we recommend taking our HR Certification Courses, where you will learn how to build your skillset in human resources, build your human resources network, craft a great HR resume, and create a successful job search strategy.
Josh Fechter is the founder of HR.University. He’s a certified HR professional and has managed global teams across 5 different continents including their benefits and payroll. You can connect with him on LinkedIn here.