Looking for a detailed review on some of the best change management tools? Keep on reading then.
Change management software describes tools and apps that companies utilize during an organizational change in making the process seamless and smooth for customers, managers, and employees. Like there are different change management models and types of organizational change, there are also various options of change management software.
Choosing the app software depends on the change type and the business the change management cycle affects. For instance, if a company splits some larger departments into several smaller ones, it may require software to survey and provide feedback about its impact. It may collect feedback from employees and customers on how to help the new departments run smoothly.
In any case, different companies have different change management expectations. Thus, every company should understand its position and budget well to choose the best change management software tools.
Nevertheless, you must understand that every change initiative within a company faces some resistance from some customers or workers. Some reasons for the opposition may include unrealistic timelines, fear of failure, mistrust, and poor communication. Yet, using strategic change management software can help to provide reassurance among resistant parties.
A reliable change management system ought to focus on all resistance causes. Besides, it should gather information to support the change through employee engagement, training tools, and change leaders. This article will discuss the 15 best change management software in 2022.
Best Change Management Tools 2022
Change management tools play an important part in handling a dynamic and changing workplace. Moreover, a right change management tools results in successfully accomplishing automated workflows, and change management processes. This list is in no particular order. Please look at what features and pricing best align with your organization.
This software describes an interactive digital change adoption tool for filling a considerable gap in change management through offering ongoing training and employee onboarding support. It is an excellent option for interactive workflows to speed up switching to new software options.
The good thing is that it walks users through the crucial steps in adopting new tech through personalized training and onboarding programs. It provides a contextual training process that enables users to adopt the new workflow. Hence, it can result in improved employee productivity regardless of the shift to a new model.
Whatfix helps the workers to get back on track and ensures minimal downtime. The software also comes with a remarkable integration with SCORM-compliant help desks and LMSs (Learning Management Systems).
Therefore, it can auto-generate its walk-throughs in several formats, including screenshots, slideshows, PDFs, and videos. It is possible to embed these formats in helps desks and LMS, which lowers the effort and time necessary to create content. Above all, it provides built analytics to track users' progress. Thus, it helps them measure guided walkthroughs usage across various touchpoints on the app.
- It has easy LMSs and helps desk software integration.
- The software features cloud and on-premise setups for flexibility.
- It features around-the-clock support and dedicated account managers.
- The tool offers personalized training and onboarding programs.
- It comes with a customizable analytics dashboard.
- The software provides self-serving contextual support and help.
- It provides a step-by-step
Whatfix offers a free trial for its users. There isn't a limit to the number of employees a user can have for a trial. However, there is no paid plan available yet.
Looking to master HR skills so you can excel in your career? Enroll in our top-rated human resources certifications right now to become a certified HR professional:
2. BMC Remedy Change Management 9
This tool describes an innovative BMC ITSM (IT Service Management) platform. It is suitable for IT departments to coordinate and document several change management procedure requests. It allows change managers to monitor the implementation process, create change plans, and review requests.
- This change management solution is ideal for managing new releases, such as automatic notifications and deployment tracking for stakeholders.
- The good part is that it can help manage up to 40% change management failure.
- Besides, the tool enables users to release management, track changes, and implement change requests using a phone or computer. Thus, it becomes simple to monitor the transformation process. Here are the key benefits:
- It comes with an Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) complaint procedure.
- The tool provides impact analytics and collision detection.
- It features a customizable dashboard and a self-service portal.
- The app features mobile self-service and cloud & on-premise implementation.
- It comes with live chat and virtual agents for quick help.
This software also offers a free trial. It costs $112.50 for the change manager course. Change coordinates course costs $225. Release coordinate course costs and supplementary features courses cost $112.50 each.
This app is suitable for development teams in improving their delivery processes during change management. It allows worldwide distributed and disconnected teams to communicate through a single truth source throughout all change processes.
This strategy creates a collaborative environment for helping development managers to track changes to assets such as features, defects, and source codes to allow a controlled distribution. The software also comes with a customizable workflow that enables an integrated and flexible workflow engine.
This software enables you to create a local working folder that allows everyone to view the updates. Whenever you make changes in a file, the system updates the file status as "modified," but the local copy remains the same until you update the setting. You can also prevent conflicts arising from a lack of awareness of team members' activities. This approach helps to establish the rules and change management techniques for launching new software.
- It comes with a central data warehouse for all digital resources' types in a company.
- The tool offers impact analysis.
- It features a change request option that provides an instant alert whenever a change occurs.
- The tool has simple tracking of tasks, features, defects, and source codes.
- It comes with a single repository of management options for change processes, tools, and teams.
This software vendor offers affordable rates. It also provides a free trial for its users. To learn about the pricing, you need to contact the vendor directly.
4. Rocket Aldon
The software is suitable for supporting development teams in change management. It is the best change management software with end-to-end configuration and multiplatform available on the market. The good thing with Rocket Aldon is that several users can access it simultaneously. Thus, it enables several managers to view changes based on tasks and applications. In other words, it is unlike other options that can only store the structure development files for future access.
- The company also offers the ALM (Enterprise Application Lifecycle Management) tool for automating the entire process of change management and software delivery.
- It provides a central inventory to manage all app components.
- The tool facilitates the automation of IT workflow.
- It features distributed development across various sites.
- The software comes with point-and-click package redeployment, deployment, and promotion.
- It comes with a distributed development and allows end-to-end change management.
To get started, users need to contact the vendor. The cost of the tool may depend on the number of active users and the features you need. It doesn't provide any free trial or demo to the users.
5. ChangeGear Change Manager
This software refers to a standard ITIL-based app that utilizes advanced controls and automation for change management. It provides the guide in a straightforward interface. The tool is suitable for multiple change management roles such as business, IT, and DevOps.
ChangeGear Change Manager makes the change process smooth by allowing you to build a change event calendar that shows all the changes you need to prepare for. It enables you to control and manage multiple activities and provides a better user experience. You can view the activities of your team members and can get notified about any changes.
It is an excellent option for users looking to simplify the change management process in PCI compliance, manage FDA CFR 21 & NERC/CIP, limit IT risks, and minimize release bottlenecks for DevOps.
- It manages risk by creating a chief respiratory option for all business changes in the company.
- The tool can update changes with SLA management.
- It allows users to change manager dashboards with KPIs, metrics, and visual reporting.
- The software comes with built-in change model workflows suitable for business processes, DevOps, and ITIL.
- It features distributed development.
- It helps in compliance management.
- The tool allows approval routing for increasing automation efficiency.
- It promotes better communication by keeping your team informed of changes through email notifications.
- The reporting system of this software is also user-friendly that allows you to create reports quickly.
If you have a ChangeGear subscription, you need to pay $46 per user per month for the ChangeMate Professional package. You need to pay more if you want more advanced features, such as manual change execution and reports.
6. Giva eChangeManager
This option refers to a subset cloud app in Giva Service Management that is easy to use and ITIL compliant. It offers a robust reporting option that enables measuring and monitoring of the KPIs and analytics quickly. Besides, it comes with the point-and-click configuration & customization that thwarts consultants and programmers to set up the app.
- It provides notifications to its users through PDA, cell phone, email, and pager.
- Depending on the rules, the tool offers automatic notifications to the change advisory board and change manager.
- It allows users to store file attachments and link them to change records.
- The tool has an option to expedite its routine changes.
- It comes with customizable business rules, options, screens, and fields.
- The tools feature the best ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) and practice workflow processes for IT changes.
- It comes with a centralized IT change plan.
Giva offers a free trial for a month. It has two pricing plans. If you want this software for personal use, you have to pay $39 per month per user. However, if you need it for your organization, you need to pay $69.
7. ServiceNow Release & Change Management App
This tool falls under the ServiceNow ITSM wing and works best for several enterprises and SMBs. A simple dashboard and calendar allow users to prevent communication barriers and keep teams updated. It is an excellent option for systematic control of the life cycle and personal change initiatives.
- In any case, this change management software can help to minimize IT services disruption.
- If you introduce this application in your company, it will improve the service desk tremendously. Here are some of the benefits you will reap:
- It allows easy and built-in integration with other ServiceNow tools.
- The software makes CAB (Change Advisory Board) meetings easier by enabling managers to manage, plan and schedule appointments.
- It is ideal for change collision detection, impact, and dynamic risk calculation.
- The tool comes with a centralized record system and an integrated change calendar.
Its standard ITSM package costs $30,000 per year for 200 employees. If your company has more than 1500 employees, you have to pay $55,000 per year for this tool.
This tool describes a reliable IT asset management software from Freshdesk. It is suitable for change management, release management, asset management, and business reporting. The tool's feature is to handle various integrations and verticals with its sales platform, Freshdesk, and parent desk platform.
- It features simple built-in integration with other Freshdesk apps.
- The tool makes it easy to manage and create CAB (Change Advisory Board) meetings.
- It can mitigate and analyze risks before they occur.
- The tool allows users to roll back, track and plan changes with one tool.
This software provides a free trial. It also offers numerous paid plans. For beginners, this tool charges $19 per month for beginners if you pay the bill for the whole year at once. Monthly billing costs you $29 per month for the beginner plan.
Pro plan charges you $89 per month if you opt for yearly billing. However, if you choose the monthly billing plan, you have to pay $109 per month.
The price of the enterprise tool is $109 per month if you choose annual billing, but if you select the monthly billing plan, you need to pay $129 per month.
Howspace is an AI-powered tool that promotes collaboration in the change process. It comes with features suitable for both organizational transformations and learning management. It features workspaces similar to social media sites to turn all participants into change leaders.
The tool documents every conversation and concern automatically. It is ideal for empowering workers while they learn new programs and processes. Unlike other options that dump training materials into workers' PCs, the tool is unlike other options. Instead, it provides a social and learning platform.
Hence, participants can access coaching, share feedback and chat about the assignment on one page. What makes this tool a better option is that it uses AI clustering. Thus, it can analyze all discussions and pick frequent concerns & topics quickly. It allows to set up behavior-triggered notifications to monitor progress.
- It provides AI-powered analytics.
- The building feedback gathering option scans discussions, questions, and polls.
- It can share materials in photo, video, and text formats.
- The tool comes with a one-click login with no passwords or usernames.
- It features an intuitive drag-and-drop editor that enables users to create custom workspaces.
10. The Change Compass
This software is another excellent tool for ever-transforming companies. It can scan and measure the evolution impact as you tweak and implement new procedures and processes. Tracking metrics like operational efficiency, market growth, and cost savings provide a clear overview of how the change affects business productivity.
In general, the tool will track the impact of each shift in altering internal policies, transforming customer interactions, and launching new products. In simple terms, it features a built-in program providing internal reports of customer and workers' impact to help you make informed business decisions for prosperity.
- It provides business capability and assessments and scenario planning based on the previous change procedures.
- The tool provides heat maps to help you identify patterns and highlight scenarios with considerable change impacts.
- It offers data-driven risk analysis.
- The software scans the impact on both the customers and workers.
This software vendor offers affordable rates. The starting plan costs $90 per month. It also offers a free version with no time limit.
11. The Change Shop
This tool comes with six categories to help users address various change management aspects. For instance, the change commitment dashboard will allow you to check the workers' engagement levels, identify potential issues, and monitor progress.
On the other hand, the change stimulator allows them to create "what if" queries for flagging negative impacts and potential risks before making any significant changes. The best part is that the software records data over time and uses it to provide in-depth insights for you to make educated decisions.
- It provides real-time feedback to help you gauge workers' perception and engagement towards specific change policies.
- The tool allows access to a case studies library, providing a reference point before making considerable business structure changes.
- It comes with research-backed tools that minimize change resistance.
- The tool offers recommendations based on industry benchmarked data from companies with similar transformations.
This software vendor provides affordable prices. This tool is free if you have less than 2500 employees. For a company that has 2500 to 10,000 workers, the vendor charges $180. Companies that have more than 10,000 workers need to contact the vendor.
This software seeks to simplify the MOC (Management of Change) process by setting up a standardized method for evaluating and identifying the need for changes and the implementation and communication of change. It is a self-configurable site that can track and document considerable risks from personnel, equipment, and operations transformations.
- Also, the tool comes with optional integrations such as pre-startup safety reviews and OSHA process safety management.
- These integrations allow for management compliance during the transition process.
- It features high-class integration with other apps such as Risk Assessment, Chemical Management, Lockout Tagout, and Industrial Hygiene.
- The tool comes with a mobile-friendly platform.
- It has a MOC manager for comprehensive compliance requirements review.
- The platform offers action item tracking with closure tracking and real-time status.
This software offers a free trial as well as a free version. For additional features, you have to contact the vendor.
This platform enables users to gather ideas from stakeholders, customers, and workers in one place. As soon as you receive a suggestion, you use the tool to attach relevant documents such as research papers and case studies to see if it is worth developing. Moreover, you can also analyze change effectiveness & progress, establish crucial tracking metrics, and create an implementation plan.
- The change management software is suitable for companies looking to collect feedback and take immediate action.
- It provides a platform to centralize discussions and data, making it easy to reduce communication barriers and improve customer satisfaction.
- It is free for about 50 users.
- The tool provides automated idea scoring to allow initiative prioritization.
- It comes with a mobile-friendly user interface and built-in discussions to enable team collaboration.
- The software provides idea challenges to encourage workers to create innovative solutions.
This software has affordable plans. It is free if you want basic features. For premium features, this tool costs $6 per month. For unlimited usage, this software costs $1999 per month.
14. OrgMapper Influence
The easiest way to accelerate change is to identify influencers in the company. Thus, this tool allows users to identify strong change candidates quickly to build an internal support system before initiating a business transformation.
It allows strength mapping reports to enable users to monitor how they communicate, receive and understand the information in the change process. Thus, you can use your change leaders to design future initiatives, improve change strategies, and build trust in the company.
- It can drill down functions in reliable reports to identify weaknesses and strengths in change initiatives and agents.
- The tool can peer nomination to allow workers to elect change leaders.
- It offers a comprehensive communication scanner to identify ineffective and effective communication options.
This tool comes doesn't offer any free version or free trial. The users have to consult the vendor for pricing.
15. jTask Pulse
This change management software solution provides a platform for users to plan, train and communicate business changes. In any case, it has modules, including Map, Train, Communicate, and Engage. These modules can help you map out a changed timeline, deliver training, choose communication strategies, and evaluate stakeholder buy-in.
The change management tool also offers the CCMP (Certified Change Management Professional) exam to help you entrust the change modules. Thus, it will facilitate transformation through several communication methods and training materials to promote real-time change progress.
- It will allow you to access three data backups per day to protect your info.
- The change management tools come with a single sign-in option and no need for passwords and usernames.
- It features the drag-and-drop chart creation for comparing intelligent service management insights.
- Users can change the impact risk insights charts.
The pricing of jTask Plus is $599 per user for one month. This software doesn't provide any free trial or free version.
The bottom line is that change management can become somewhat complicated. However, using the best change management software will enable your company to adopt new plans proficiently. It is best to highlight the features you would like in your change management software upfront. Hence, you can shortlist the best vendors.
HR university offers the best online human resources courses to help you manage your workplace. You ought to check out the website for insights to improve your work environment. Besides, the platform will give you factors to consider when choosing the best software for change management. Check out the official website for the best content in HR departments.
Here is a list of questions and their answers that learners ask regarding change management:
1. What is the Meaning of the Change Management Process?
It describes the systematic strategy to adopt to transformation or transition in techs, processes, and goals. The main objective of a change management process is to implement approaches for helping involved parties adapt, controlling change, and effecting change.
2. What are Examples of Change Management Tools?
Change tools refer to automated and manual tools to help project stakeholders in change requests management—they form a crucial PMI process portion for integrating change control. Recent surveys indicate that Benchmarking & Balanced Scorecards, Employee Engagement Surveys, Customer Relationship Management, and Strategic Planning are the most popular change management software.
If you are new to Human Resources and are looking to break into an HR role, we recommend taking our HR Certification Courses, where you will learn how to build your skillset in human resources, build your human resources network, craft a great HR resume, and create a successful job search strategy.
Josh Fechter is the founder of HR.University. He’s a certified HR professional and has managed global teams across 5 different continents including their benefits and payroll. You can connect with him on LinkedIn here.