Website livingHRInc livingHR, Inc.
The Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) is responsible for developing and executing human resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the company, specifically in the areas of succession planning, talent management, change management, organizational and performance management, training and development, and compensation. The CHRO is a member of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) and provides strategic leadership by articulating HR needs and plans to the executive management team and the board of directors.
- This position is directly responsible for building the HR function and leading HR business partners and internal recruiters.
- Establish/Implement HR plans and strategies that effectively communicate and support the company’s mission, strategic vision and the achievement of the overall business objectives.
- Work with the company’s ELT and function as a strategic business advisor/coach to the company’s business teams regarding key organizational and management issues.
- Develop comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet the human capital needs, including a rewards/recognition program at the corporate and center level.
- Develop and implement comprehensive compensation and benefits plans that are competitive and cost-effective. Identify/implement a payroll system that is the best fit for company’s needs.
- Partner closely with the CEO on the ideal organizational structure for the company as it grows and ensure a smooth implementation and change management approach.
- Provide overall leadership and guidance to the HR function by overseeing talent acquisition, career development, succession planning, retention, training, leadership development, compensation and benefits.
- Embrace and foster the company’s diverse team and culture at the center and corporate level.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills – ability to derive insights from data to drive decision making.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations across geographies.
- Knowledge of and experience with varied human resource information systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Experience building HR programs in a high growth, multi-location company spread out across various states
- Experience dealing with complex employee issues and a diverse employee base.
- Experience working for a company that has multiple locations across geographies.
- Experience building company culture and employee engagement in a rapidly growing environment and with acquisitions and mergers at scale and speed.
- Experience/exposure to board and ideally working directly with the compensation committee.
- Pet Industry experience is not required but having worked for a mission-focused company with an emphasis on customer satisfaction is preferred.
- A BS/BA degree from an accredited college/university; MBA or MA/MS in human resources or related field preferred.
- A minimum of 15 years of HR experience, with at least five years of executive HR experience and at least five years of international HR experience.
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) certification preferred.
This position can be remote but requires travel to corporate headquarters (Denver) monthly and to company locations regularly. The ideal candidate is centrally located with easy access to a major airport.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.