At Lakeshore, we create innovative learning materials and world-class guest experiences for teachers, parents and children. Since 1954, we’ve grown into a global community—with a thriving e-commerce business, multiple catalogs, 60+ retail stores, a peerless national sales force, plus international offices that support our preeminent supply chain division. But today we’re working better, smarter and faster than ever—and setting our sights even higher. We’re building an infrastructure designed for scalability, embracing data-driven decision-making and using technology to improve efficiency and ensure the best tools for the best work. Most importantly, we continue to invest in a diverse team of inquisitive top talent who fuel each other’s passions and curiosity, take risks, try new things, and believe that every new day brings opportunities for growth.
In a time of unprecedented expansion, we are seeking a Chief Human Resources Officer to oversee all aspects of Lakeshore’s employee experience team. Areas under your oversight will cover the entire spectrum—from talent acquisition, onboarding, professional development, and compensation & benefits to organizational development, policy administration, and employee data & systems. Serving as a high-level, proactive partner to our co-Chief Executive Officers, President, Chief Operating Officer and other executive leaders, you’ll play an instrumental role in aligning people-focused functions with Lakeshore’s business goals and initiatives. The successful candidate will have significant experience with change management to help guide the company through a period of rapid growth. To support that growth, a primary focus will be building a foundation for excellent talent systems and structures across all divisions, including career frameworks, compensation philosophies and job leveling. You will also develop and implement benefits strategies that are competitive, cost-effective and aligned with company objectives. This is a great opportunity for a highly strategic, analytical leader with deep knowledge of HR functions to join Lakeshore at a pivotal time in our company’s history.
A day in the office looks like this:
- Overseeing people-focused operations for all business units (HQ, Retail, Distribution, Sales) and international locations
- Developing and executing strategic, people-focused initiatives that support the Lakeshore’s business goals and objectives
- Providing overall strategy, leadership, and oversight of the employee experience team to ensure all programs and initiatives are successfully integrated; supporting Lakeshore’s company culture; and are aligned with our broader mission, goals, and objectives
- Developing a strategic human capital plan that aligns compensation, professional development, recruitment, employee engagement, and retention with Lakeshore’s objectives and goals
- Leading, managing, and developing members of the employee experience team to enable them to serve as valuable partners to the organization’s leadership
- Leading employer branding efforts and foster an internal culture that safeguards the appropriate retention of top talent
- Staying current on HR trends and best practices and ensure that Lakeshore remains competitive in the marketplace
- Providing strategic leadership and change management to ensure the recruitment, engagement, and retention of diverse candidates and staff and to maintain inclusive and equitable processes
- Overseeing and championing DEIB across all areas of the Employee Experience team.
- Providing thought leadership to drive talent and organizational development, performance management, and succession planning
- Understanding current federal, state, and local regulations and requirements regarding employment and other people-focused issues—assessing their impacts, making determinations on their effects on Lakeshore employees and practices, and ensuring compliance
- Providing mentorship and coaching as needed
Got the skills and experience? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 15+ years of relevant HR experience; 10+ years of experience in HR leadership roles within a global organization
- Experience with building teams and processes to scale in a high-growth organization, including insights on how to execute a progressive talent strategy
- Hands-on, business-driven Human Capital leader
- Proven track record as a trusted advisory and strategic thought leader
- In-depth knowledge of all HR functions, practices, policies, and regulations
- Hands-on experience with HR systems (HRIS/ATS)
- Excellent leadership abilities, including strategic problem solving and leading through change
- Compelling perspective on how people and culture fuel business performance
- Business acumen with the ability to establish metrics that measure the business impact of people-focused initiatives
And here’s our end of the bargain!
- Salary: $400,000-$500,000 with an annual bonus of up to 25%
- Paid leave for new parents to support work/life balance and family bonding
- Excellent medical/dental and vision coverage—EPO, PPO and HSA
- 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution (because you will retire someday)
- Flexible benefits—choose what you like, ignore the rest
- On-site preschool for our employees’ children
- On-site employee gym for all levels/fitness needs
- Generous employee discount on products that make you smarter
- Casual dress…and we really mean it
At Lakeshore, we know our diversity makes us stronger, and when everyone feels included and valued, we all win. We strive to embrace our differences and create an intentionally diverse and inclusive community that is representative of the teachers, families and children we serve.
We know we couldn’t do the extraordinary things we’re doing without the people on our team. Thanks to the passion and enthusiasm of this spectacular group, Lakeshore is more than a great place to work—it’s a great experience to be part of. Day in and day out, we give everything we’ve got to create products that instill a sense of wonder and foster a true love of learning. To help maintain this high bar for success, we’re constantly on the lookout for people to join us. So if you’re a down-to-earth professional who shares our desire for making a difference, we’d love to hear from you.
To learn more about Lakeshore, visit www.lakeshorelearning.com/careers
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
People are selected to become members of the Lakeshore family based on skill, merit and mind-boggling talent—not based on race, color, creed, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, marital status, domestic partnership status, military status, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, alienage, AIDS or AIDS-related complex status, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status as a victim of domestic violence, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If things aren’t equal, we all lose.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.