Website FlagshipPioneer Flagship Ventures
What if you could tell the story of an organization that creates, resources, and builds bioplatform companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform human health and sustainability?
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category bioplatform companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has, through its Flagship Labs unit, applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $130 billion in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.5 billion in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $19 billion of follow-on investments from other institutions.
Reporting into the Chief Human Resources Officer, the Sr.Director/Director, Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) for the Lab Companies will be a key driver of the people strategy for the origination team members of our Pioneering Business Units at Flagship. In this role, the Sr. Director/Director, HRBP will build and sustain relationships with their client group and the broader enterprise. Working closely with their respective Pioneering Business Unit Head, The Sr. Director/Director, HRBP will effectively influence analysis and decision-making in the areas of leadership, talent management and development, succession planning, change management, budgeting and compensation, work force planning, organization development and design, performance management, employee engagement, career ladders and competencies, employee relations and communications.
The Sr.Director/Director, HRBP will collaborate with the other HR Leaders to diagnose needs, develop, and deliver solutions to support our organization. The person in this role should have strong business acumen with proven ability to understand and align business needs with HR solutions to move the business forward in a changing environment. The ideal candidate will effectively influence analysis, accountability, and decision-making in many areas that impact our people.
The Sr. Director/Director, HRBP must have a demonstrated track record of effective coaching and strategic partnerships with senior leaders and their employees, proven leadership skills, experience building teams and organizational design. The Sr. Director/Director, HRBP should be able to demonstrate interpersonal awareness to effectively build and sustain strong client partnerships at all levels with trust and credibility to influence individuals and teams. The successful candidate will have the ability to identify and develop leaders and be effective in addressing change and transformation. Ability to analyze trends and use metrics to propose and develop solutions is also critical.
- Serve as a strategic thought partner, change agent, and implementation advisor; be familiar with the strategic plans of the Pioneering Business Unit to help managers translate the business strategy and goals into HR related practices.
- Guide and support senior management and their employees in developing sustainable programs, practices, and behaviors to drive significant cultural change and enhance employee engagement and development.
- Coach and advise managers on building their teams, the effectiveness of their teams, strategic business matters, talent topics and general HR issues.
- Help executives align manager and employee capabilities to the mid-to-long-term business needs.
- Support foundation of new and growing companies while keeping scale in mind including establishing career ladders, organizational structure design and roles and responsibilities.
- Serve as a member of the senior HR Leadership Team, demonstrating enterprise leadership sharing a strong point of view on a variety of topics that may or may not be directly related to their PBU.
- Partner with TA and Enterprise team, assisting with a variety of matters to include interviewing, onboarding, immigration, budget etc.
- Manage the day-to-day Human Resources needs of the Origination Leader and their teams including acting as a point of contact for people tools, processes and programs.
- Act as stewards of the employee experience and Flagship’s culture.
- Bachelor’s degree with 10-15 years experience in the HR field or
- Master’s Degree and 8+ years of progressive HR experience
- Prior Pharma/Biopharma experience, start-up experience helpful
- Proven experience coaching and counseling all levels of staff on a wide variety of issues, and a thorough understanding of performance management systems and State and Federal employment law.
- Exceptional networking, relationship building, judgement and passion with a drive for compromise across different perspectives.
- Ability to translate business vision and strategy into an executable people agenda.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply OD concepts and models, such as team effectiveness, change management, communication styles, facilitation, and leadership development.
- Strengths in working and communicating in a highly matrixed environment, strong collaboration and influencing skills.
- Employee relations experience managing complex workplace matters.
- Demonstrated business acumen and a working knowledge of multiple HR disciplines.
- Analytical, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills including the ability to diagnose root causes.
- Ability to work in a time sensitive and confidential environment, balancing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Computer skills in MS office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), SharePoint, and HRIS (UKG is a plus)
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies:
Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.
To apply for this job please visit starjobsearch.co.uk.