Are you looking for a new job or a company that aligns with your values and passions? Join , a family-owned company delivering clean energy and fueling life’s moments for over 50 years.
We take pride in being one of the largest privately-owned propane companies in the Northeast, serving eight states. In addition, we’re expanding our services to include total home comfort through Paraco HVAC, offering alternative energy and energy storage systems.
Discover more about our careers by visiting . Join us on this exciting journey toward a sustainable future.
The right candidate is a team player, coach, and leader. They will oversee the Human Resources Department in all aspects of benefits, payroll, recruiting, legal & compliance, and employee relations while focusing on values, ambition, and the development of future leaders of Paraco.
In addition, they will build solid advisory relationships with key business leaders on a local and regional level to develop a deep understanding of their objectives, products, people, and challenges.
They will also initiate and cultivate new insights, drive excellence in our people operations, and engage across industries and external networks to stay relevant and adjust strategies in a changing environment.
Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to) :
- Plans, lead, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organization’s human resource compliance and strategy needs
- Oversees the strategy and administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, leave programs, disciplinary matters, disputes and investigations, performance and talent management, productivity, recognition, morale, and training and development
- Supports and coaches HR Generalists on payroll, benefits, recruiting, compliance, employee engagement, and other daily HR functions
- Manages the human resources budget and other financial measures
- Strategically participates in the development of Human Resources plans and programs
- Participates in negotiating collective bargaining agreements; liaises with union personnel and assists with interpretations
- Translates the strategic and tactical business plans into strategic and operational plans
- Evaluates and advise on the impact of long-range planning of new programs and strategies impacting the attraction, retention, mitigation of attrition, development, and staff retention
- Develops progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives, and rewards for effective performance and to provide programs that utilize an employee and company partnership for the employees’ short and long-range health and welfare protection
- Continually assesses the competitiveness of all programs and practices against the relevant comparable companies, industries, and markets
- Enhances, develops, implements, and enforces human resources policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation
- Understanding employment laws in multi-state environments, including NY, CT, MA, NJ, and PA.
- Facilitates professional development, training, and certification activities for HR staff
- Manage all aspects of the Covid-19 company-wide protocols monitoring employee vaccination, communications, safety work environments, etc
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
Required Skills :
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field
- 10+ years of Human Resources Generalist experience
- 5+ years as Human Resources Director or in a supervisory position overseeing a team or group of employees in a mid-size company
- 5+ years experience as a thought partner to executive leadership focusing on strategic planning and talent management issues guiding leadership with their talent management strategies through periods of significant change
- Experience using varied HRIS software and solutions, including modular-based systems for payroll and benefits administration, employee development, compliance, onboarding, recruitment, and other HR functions
- Experience with a multi-state and multi-site company with oversight for a geographically distributed employee population of at least full-time employees
Preferred Skills :
- Transportation Industry experience
- SHRM-SCP certification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate across company levels and speak in front of groups
- MS Office Suite
- Must be a detail-oriented self-starter who can multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Proven experience developing, implementing, and monitoring human resource metrics through dash-boarding and reporting across the organization
- Travel to all corporate locations as required.
You may not check every box, or your experience may look a little different from what we’ve outlined, but if you think you can bring value to Paraco Gas, we encourage you to apply!
Benefits We Provide :
- Medical Insurance-PPO, EPO, HDHP, HSA, FSA, LFSA
- Voluntary Benefits-Life Lock, Life Insurance (Whole and Term), Hospital & Accident Plans
- Company Paid Short Term Disability, Basic Life & AD&D Insurance (Up to $, per plan)
k) w / Company Match (75% of the first 5% deferred)
- Paid PTO and Sick
- Paid Holidays
Paraco Gas Corporation is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, sex, age (40 or over), national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, medical condition, gender (including gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, registered domestic status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic characteristics, religion or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
To apply for this job please visit www.talent.com.