OverviewAt the Cancer Center of Kansas, we value each and every employee for their life-saving expertise and the role they play in making our patients’ lives as easy and comfortable as possible. Our employees are our most valuable resource. They help us create the warm and caring environment that’s the foundation for some of the best cancer research and care in the country. If you would like to join a team dedicated to improving lives every day.
Under general supervision, manages the recruiting process, including but not limited to candidate advertising, sourcing, interviews, candidate selection and offer process. Provides Human Resources generalist support to management staff and employees on HR related issues and priorities. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards and Shared Values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recruiting Responsibilities: -Reviews and discusses approved Personnel Requisitions and job description with hiring manager to determine the jobs specific requirements, interview team, discuss timeline, potential compensation, etc. Continually updates the requisition log. Ensures compliance with federal and state recruiting regulations.
- Identifies applicant sources, prepares job posting materials, and drafts advertisements. Sources resumes and screens against minimum qualifications. May telephone screen qualified applicants for knowledge, skills, abilities, and/or salary requirements.
- Forwards and discusses qualified applicant resumes with hiring manager in order to determine applicants to be interviewed.
- Schedules candidate interviews with hiring manager and interview team. Provides guidance on appropriate and non-appropriate questions, provides sample interview questions, and may arrange for mock interviews to build managers interview skills.
- Conducts post-interview feedback sessions or obtains candidate assessment from interview team. May summarize feedback for hiring manager. Consults with hiring manager on candidate selection and compensation package. Performs reference checks.
- Extends verbal job offer to selected candidate. Coordinates the offer package preparation; obtains the appropriate approvals.
- Upon written acceptance and completed forms, initiates background investigations and license verification as required. Investigates and resolves background/employment related issues. Escalates issues that conflict with hiring practices.
- Provides consultation on human resource management issues to include: staffing; employee relations; sexual harassment; performance management; dispute resolution; compliance and integrity; policy administration; and disseminating and providing guidance on company policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal laws.
- Investigates employee relation issues; identifies issues, facts, policy violations, and other culture/values that impact the workplace; and recommends solutions and how to obtain resolution. May involve HR technical experts to troubleshoot and resolves issues. Implements/ delivers approved plan and strategy. -Assists management with writing effective and accurate job descriptions, requisition process and approval, eCOS, salary administration, etc.
- Conducts exit interviews, summarizes findings, and writes executive overview. Manages employee engagement survey, summarizes findings, and facilitates follow-up and action items meetings. May perform work force analysis and recommendations on a variety of HR issues.
- Administers Leave of Absences in accordance with current regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Advises management on appropriate business solutions to salary expenditures and various compensation issues.
- Conducts employee training on a variety of Human Resources topics. May develop training materials.
BS/BA in Human Resources, Business, or related field and at least three (3) years Generalist experience required. Solid knowledge of employment law, policies, and practices as well as benefits, leave of absences, compensation principles, and recruiting practices.
- Uses Technical and Functional Experience: Possesses up to date knowledge of the profession and industry; is regarded a san expert in the technical/functional area; accesses and uses other expert resources when appropriate.
- Demonstrates Adaptability: Handles day to day work challenges confidently; is willing and able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change; shows resilience inn the face of constraints, frustrations, or adversity; demonstrates flexibility.
- Uses Sound Judgment: Makes timely, cost effective and sound decisions; makes decisions under conditions of uncertainty.
- Shows Work Commitment: Sets high standards of performance; pursues aggressive goals and works efficiently to achieve them.
- Commits to Quality: Emphasizes the need to deliver quality products and/or services; defines standards for quality and evaluated products, processes, and service against those standards; manages quality; improves efficiencies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be present at the employment site during regularly scheduled business hours and regularly required to sit or stand and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is performed in an office, clinical or classroom environment and requires significant interaction with corporate and network staff. Work will involve in-person interaction with co-workers and management and/or clients. Work may require occasional travel to other sites or conferences.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.