Website buckner_intl Buckner International
An international ministry dedicated to following the example of Jesus by serving vulnerable children, families, and seniors.
Buckner International is a faith-based nonprofit dedicated to transforming the lives of orphans, vulnerable children, families and senior adults in the United States and internationally. Founded in 1879 in Dallas, Texas, we protect children, strengthen families, transform generations, and serve seniors.
As Vice President, Chief Human Resources Officer, you will impact lives of children, families, and senior adults by being the key driver, champion and visionary of effective and innovative human resource strategic initiatives that advance the organization’s visibility, reputation and success through talent acquisition and retention, succession planning, performance management, employee relations and engagement, organizational training and leadership development, and comprehensive and competitive total rewards. You will be responsible for driving excellence and ensuring that Buckner strategies deliver the required results aligned with our mission, vision, and values.
You will make a difference by:
- Serve as a strategic business partner in support of the mission, vision and values of the organization and work as a member of the executive leadership team in aligning HR strategies to organizational objectives.
- Provide strategic, proactive leadership and direction for the human resource function, establishing credibility throughout the organization as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Serve as a strategic business advisor to management to create a comprehensive workforce talent strategy and work collaboratively with operational leaders to achieve each business unit’s strategic workforce objectives.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive data analysis-driven workforce strategic planning process for the identification of workforce staffing needs including the skill and competency gaps existing today and that forecasts the workforce needs of tomorrow based on an understanding of the business needs, strategies and emerging workforce trends, to inform the development of short and long-range strategic recruiting and retention plans, employee engagement initiatives and programs.
- Initiate new and optimize existing relationships with colleges, universities, and other third-party external potential recruitment pipeline sources to accelerate progress in addressing workforce staffing needs and to establish collaborative networks that aide achievement of strategic initiatives.
- Leverage existing organization structures to drive collaborative relationships that lead to the design of agile workforce models that enable the organization to proactively anticipate talent needs, leverage a variety of employment arrangements to achieve goals and make more agile structures possible for the future of work.
- Oversee the development, implementation and administration of HR policies, programs and services that align with and support organizational objectives, including refining the talent recruitment, selection, onboarding, retention strategies, enhancing succession planning, employee compensation practices and benefits plans, employee relations, training and development, employee recognition, employee safety, employment practices and procedures, employee communications and employee events.
- Design programs to promote a healthy and engaged workforce.
- Expands on the foundation of work already in place in the areas of DE&I (diversity, equity, and inclusion) initiatives to accelerate and drive talent attraction and retention as well as ensuring that the organization is educated, engaged, and actively building a culture of inclusion & belonging.
- Develop and recommend comprehensive compensation practices and benefit plans that are competitive and cost effective for the organization, in collaboration with the SVP of Administration and Chief Financial Officer, and implement and administer such plans as are approved.
- Develop and maintain budgets for HR, Payroll, Talent Development, and Employee Engagement.
- Oversee and provide coaching to the HR staff at Buckner domestic sites to assure their professional competency in overseeing the human resource function at the site and to assist with performance management, recruitment process, staffing challenges, talent development, communications, succession planning, general management/employee relationship issues, and in creating an inviting comprehensive employee experience from the recruitment process to onboarding and performance management, while providing advice and training on HR compliance and organizational policy.
- Translate the strategic plans related to Talent Development initiatives into actionable and timely training and organizational development programs that will support the attainment of the strategic goals and operational objectives.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive safety program to drive safety and risk management strategies in collaboration with organizational leaders. In collaboration with the SVP of Administration and Chief Financial Officer, oversee the selection process for insurance coverage for occupational injury. Develop and implement safety policies and procedures. Lead the review of safety programs and suggest modifications as needed.
- Responds to EEO and other regulatory agency inquiries or litigation in collaboration with internal legal department.
- Oversee operational management of payroll pay data collection, pay-check processing and distribution, and tax reporting and payments. Coordinate with the SVP of Administration and Chief Financial Officer, Financial Services and contracted Human Resources staff to develop, implement and administer payroll policies, procedures, guidelines, and practices. Assist to monitor staff compliance with company policies, procedures, guidelines, and practices, and ensure that regulatory requirements occur accurately and timely.
- Oversee selection and management of all Payroll/HRIS systems including, but not limited to, vendor relationships and negotiations.
- Oversees, with contracted Human Resources staff, the proper administration and compliance of leaves of absence, including FMLA , disability, and unpaid leave as well as workers compensation and ensures the compliance with applicable laws and regulations and the systems of record-keeping.
- Coordinate with the SVP of Administration and Chief Financial Officer and contracted Human Resources staff to design, implement, and administer employee group benefit programs; negotiate vendor contracts including fixed and variable costs; participate in selection of and management of vendors and broker relationships.
- Source, hire, supervise, monitor, evaluate and provide direction, training and professional development to direct reports, as needed.
As Vice President, Chief Human Resources Officer, you must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of study required.
- A minimum of 15 years of progressively responsible human resources experience including a minimum of 5 years executive HR experience.
- Certification as a SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) Preferred.
- Possess functional expertise across all general areas of HR, including organizational development skills to initiate change in processes and systems, planning and design of learning and development initiatives, diversity and inclusion, employee recruitment and experience, talent and performance management, compensation, and employee relations.
- Ability to work collaboratively, and gain executive and managerial buy-in, to gain support for human resource initiatives.
- Prior related experience in managing the human resources function in a multi-site organization, or multi-industry operations, and a large non-exempt population with a minimum of 1,000 employees preferred.
- Ability to strategically and tactically evaluate and implement sophisticated HR related programs and initiatives. Requires the ability to work with a variety of organizational leaders to build consensus around HR strategy and tactics.
- Prior related experience in talent management and leadership management with the ability to attract and retain outstanding talent and assemble and motivate high performing teams.
- Requires proven ability to lead and manage people and situations effectively and consistently with the organization’s core values and a servant leader mindset.
- Experienced in data analytics and comfortable using results from that data to influence important decisions.
- Well-versed on federal and state employment laws and HR compliance in order to ensure the business is set up for success. Experience with working with remote employees across multiple states, preferred.
- Requires commitment to demonstrate Christ-like values, per Buckner Mission Statement.
- Requires proficient working knowledge and ability to manage HRIS/Payroll systems. Prior experience using ADP preferred
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.
To apply for this job please visit www.adzuna.com.