Website wackerchemie Wacker Chemical Corporation USA
We are a global leading chemical company. Our innovations create sustainable solutions for today and tomorrow
Our world needs ideas! As one of the world’s most research-intensive chemical companies, we have been developing leading solutions for numerous sectors – from construction to photovoltaics and cosmetics to rubber – for over 100 years. We have a global presence with production sites on three continents and about 14,500 employees from 70 nations.
At our site in Ann Arbor, we are currently looking for a Vice President, Human Resources US to join our growing team.
Other Key Responsibilities Include
The Vice President of Human Resources US is responsible to develop and implement the regional HR strategy, in accordance with corporate strategy and governance. The VP HR US is an active member of the US regional Executive Staff to help guide the safety, well-being, culture, and growth throughout the region. This role is part of the global HR leadership team, formulating overall strategies and directions and ensures good global cooperation within their own responsibilities. This position further develops the US HR organization in line with the overall Wacker HR structure and ensures good cooperation and alignment with all regional and global HR teams.
- Development of specific strategies and measures to sustainably secure the necessary quantity and quality of personnel in region.
- Implementation of the WACKER leadership culture as well as values and principles.
- Support business in terms of providing executive guidance and strategic business direction to leaders regarding human capital management, development and management of health, wellness, compensation programs, labor relations and compliance.
- Strategic leadership for the local Human Resources organizations, which includes recruiting, selection, retention, talent/knowledge management, compensation and benefits programs and implementation, fiduciary responsibility for pension and 401 (k) plans, legal compliance and policy development and implementation, and union and labor relations.
Provide strategic leadership to the Human Resources organization across the US. This includes the oversight and direction of the business unity HR Directors for Silicones, Polymers, BioSolutions, Polysilicon and Corporate as well as the SR. Director of Benefits, Compensation, Retirement, Pension and Payroll; Manager of Training and Development; Manager of Talent Acquisition, and the Centers of Excellence for recruitment, compliance and labor relations.
- Align this strategy in collaboration with the global HR COEs, HR Operations and HR Business Partner leads where applicable.
- Oversee design, implementation and management of employee benefit programs including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance,
- supplemental medical, 401 (k) plan, leave programs and unemployment compensation.
- Responsible for wage, payroll, bonus and salary plan design and administration.
- Fiduciary responsibility for 401 (k) and pension plan and administration, including legal reporting requirements and non-qualified benefits.
- Responsible for strategic direction of the recruiting strategy, talent pipeline and legal compliance for US employees.
- Responsible for employee relations and managing employee discipline/termination issues in addition to legal compliance.
- Responsible for labor relations and the management of the union contracts and contract negotiations as well as grievances, mediations and NLRB charges.
- Oversee Talent Acquisition
- Responsibility for the local Talent Management and Development initiatives, including training, employee development, compliance training and recordkeeping, career lattices, succession planning, retention and employee onboarding and off boarding.
- Strategic oversight and direction for the US HR organization across all business divisions and ensure consistency and legal compliance.
- Development and oversight of US wide policies, procedures, legal compliance and employee guidelines.
- Strategic responsibility to coach and advise divisions/region for organizational design and workforce planning.
- Manage workforce planning for annual planning and monthly forecasting.
- Manage overall HR budget for US region.
- Develop and align HR strategy to meet the overall business strategy and ensure HR policy and execution align to support the business and business growth.
- Provide HR support for due diligence and acquisition activities including integration.
- Oversee reductions in workforce, WARN, and analysis of organizational design and workforce planning .
Responsible for ensuring compliance with federal, state and local laws in the areas of employee relations, recruiting, benefits and compensation, labor relations, HIPPA, environmental and safety and ensuring proper reporting and training; current on changing laws, regulations and national security guidelines and managing relationships with state and local regulatory agencies.
We Strive To
Champion US initiatives to ensure alignment with the business strategy and cultural philosophies of WACKER. Provide strategic leadership as a member of the US Executive Team as a corporate executive and member of the US Regional Exec Staff to align with their purpose. Ensure a close, transparent relationship to the business. Drive HR change efforts for the development and deployment of US HR programs and policies leveraging subject matter expertise with internal and external partners. Drive global initiatives within US. Ensure a collaborative global working environment within the US region and develop measures to implement the WACKER culture and values.
- Build a trusting culture of respect and recognition founded on our code of conduct.
- Lead by example through modeling ideal team dynamics and enabling the same seamless teamwork everywhere.
- Attract, hire, develop, and retain team members to meet current and future needs.
- Provide efficient processes, systems, and tools that leverage knowledge and improve productivity.
- Share best practices to achieve global, division and region goals.
- Establish balanced expectations and flexible, effective standards that conform to company policies and comply with national and local regulations.
Provide the US view to the global HR leadership team and align strategies, initiatives and projects. Provide respective guidance to the global business functions within US .Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related discipline required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience in a similar position for a global organization.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities; professionally maintain composure and effectiveness under pressure and changing conditions.
- Knowledge of and experience overseeing both US and state employment laws and compliance.
- Experience working in international/global management teams and/or projects; ability to develop effective strategic relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Ability to engage with all employees at all levels of the organization.
- Proven experience in coaching high-performing leadership teams.
- Ability to negotiate conflict and maintain constructive working relationships with people at all levels of an organization, both inside and outside the company.
- Ability to collaborate and lead strategy as well as provide hands on involvement when needed.
- Capable of utilizing analytic, interpersonal, verbal, presentation and writing skills to successfully interact with subordinates, colleagues, and executive management both locally and globally.
- Labor relations experience in contract negotiations, mediations and grievances.
- Ability to strategically set direction and lead multiple functions.
- Change Management Experience.
- Experience with DEI
- Ability to quickly develop strong relationships and credibility with key members of the team; and consult/execute with leaders regarding key organizational issues related to the attainment of business plans.
- Elevate the HR function to the role of key business partner through strengthening the role and skill of the staff across the business.
- Play an active and key leadership role in developing “the WACKER culture,” and further establishing the corporation’s core values.
- Participate in the development of business plans and programs as a strategic partner, particularly from the perspective of the impact on the organization’s succession planning processes addressing talent, development and overall organizational capability.
- Ability to translate the strategic and tactical business plans into strategies and tactics.
- Provide hands-on leadership for the annual organization planning and talent review process and personally drive execution of the plan on an on-going basis.
- Lead and mentor business management in identifying needs, hiring A-players, and developing and retaining outstanding talent focused on achieving stretch objectives and beating the competition.
- Lead the leadership development initiatives across the organization.
- Play a key role in the acquisition due diligence and integration process.
- Ensure metrics and key performance indicator systems are consistently tracking the appropriate measures and provoking appropriate responsive behavior.
- Labor and employee relations for multiple sites
WACKER, as an innovative chemical company, makes a vital contribution toward improving the quality of life around the world by developing intelligent solutions for sustainable growth. Our culture focuses on building and retaining diverse and inclusive teams. WACKER offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, competitive benefit offerings and beyond through giving back to our communities.
Be part of our WACKER family, across all nations!
We are looking forward to your online application at www.wacker.com.
Reference Code: 23808
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. A minimum requirement for this US-based position is the ability to work legally in the United States on a permanent unrestricted basis. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, including for any type of US permanent residency (e.g., for a Green card).
WACKER is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected classes.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.