Website HITTContracting HITT Contracting
National general contractor and commercial construction leader.
Vice President of Human Resources
The Vice President of Human Resources leads the HR department in our mission to create an incredible experience for every one of HITT’s 1,600 team members from coast-to-coast. They provide vision and oversight for all HR functions including learning and development, total compensation, HITT Futures (our talent pipeline program), HR information systems, payroll and benefits, team member experience, HR business partnership, and recruiting.
The VP envisions, designs, and ensures execution of a consistently superior experience at every point in the employee journey – from candidate to team member, to alumni and beyond.
The VP is a strategic business partner to leaders across the organization, both in corporate resources and operational functions, advising on recruitment, engagement, performance, and risk management. They collaborate with other executive leaders to deliver corporate initiatives that fulfill the firm’s strategic objectives. The VP is often responsible for leading task forces, developing goals to achieve HR and company initiatives, and establishing processes and policies that support firm governance.
The ideal candidate is widely regarded as an expert in a broad scope of HR functions and is confident leading subject matter experts where they may be less technically trained. They will have a breadth of experience in HR functions, preferably with a strong acumen in employee relations, talent development, total rewards, and employee experience. They are a passionate advocate for the people with a vision for how a leading firm will evolve its approach to win the war for talent in tomorrow’s business landscape.
They care deeply about diversity, equity and inclusion (DE+I) and bring energy to advancing the firm’s DE+I plan. This role requires flawless judgement, the ability to influence at the executive level, strategic vision, and a deep sense of accountability.
The ideal candidate will have a history of HR leadership with professional service firms with revenues of $1B+ and highly dispersed team members. They will be detailed-oriented, driven for excellence, and an excellent communicator that thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. The VP will supervise multiple team managers and will report directly to the Senior Vice President overseeing brand and human capital.
- Provide executive-level leadership to the HR team of 25+ members organized into teams including learning and development, total compensation, HITT Futures (our talent pipeline program), HR information systems, payroll and benefits, team member experience, HR business partnership, and recruiting.
- Recruit, train, and oversee management-level HR team members and oversee the daily workflow of the department. Employ empathetic leadership and radical candor to ensure a culture of trust within the department and advance the next generation of HR leaders.
- Establish, enforce, and evaluate human resources policies, processes, and best practices to enable the company to deliver an incredible employee experience.
- Develop and implement a long-range strategic talent management approach, with specific focus on training and development and pipeline creation.
- Act as a strategic business partner to the firm’s senior leaders to ensure a human capital strategy is at the forefront of our management approach.
- Collaborate with executive leadership to achieve the company’s long-term vision and objectives through human capital.
- Analyze human resources and talent development key performance indicators (KPIs); assess our success and market competitiveness based on these metrics and recommend strategies to improve our employer brand value.
- Research and recommend competitive compensation, benefits, employee incentive, and rewards and recognition programs.
- Ensure compliance with employment, benefits, insurance, safety, and other laws, regulations, and requirements; minimize risk for the employees and firm.
- Be knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law, human resources, and talent management.
- Develop and manage the HR budget, ensuring the strategic investment of resources to meet the HR goals and objectives.
- Act as a brand ambassador in the marketplace, seeking professional development, inspiration, and new ideas through the involvement of associations and professional organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field is required
- 10+ years of human resource management experience with at least three years in a senior leadership role required; experience as a department head is ideal
- Experience working with large scale organizations of more than 1,000 employees and revenues more than $1B is required; professional services or AEC experience is a preferred
- Broad experience in HR functions, preferably with a strong acumen in employee relations, talent development, and employee experience
- Deep strategic and critical thinking skills are required,…
To apply for this job please visit www.learn4good.com.