Looking to get an HR compliance certification?
That’s a smart decision, after all, HR Compliance and Regulations serve as the fundamental building blocks of Human Resources, providing a strong and stable structure for all HR activities.
HR compliance involves a wide range of policies, laws, and best practices that aim to ensure fair treatment, safety, and equal opportunity for all employees within an organization.
By adhering to these regulations, businesses can create a positive and supportive work environment that fosters growth, development, and overall employee satisfaction.
Compliance is also key in helping organizations mitigate legal risks and avoid penalties associated with non-compliance, such as fines, lawsuits, and reputational damage.
So, every organization needs HR professionals with compliance knowledge – especially once it starts growing and expanding its operations.
So, investing in HR compliance training courses and certifications is a strategic move for HR professionals and organizations alike.
These training courses help professionals broaden their understanding of compliance requirements, including record-keeping, selection assessment processes, risk mitigation, and more.
Top Rated HR Compliance Certification Courses
As the demand for compliance professionals grows, numerous HR compliance training courses have emerged to cater to this need. Here are the top HR certification courses with details to help you decide what better fits your needs.
1. HR Management Certification by HR University
The HR Management Certification is one of the most popular couses for HR professionals looking for a comprehensive learning experience. It contains over 90 lectures, 30+ case studies, and exclusive interviews with industry experts. Continuously updated with new content, the course provides students with valuable insights and knowledge to excel in the field of human resources.
Students gain a thorough understanding of the key fundamentals of HR, – including employee relations, labor laws, HR compliance requirements, and workplace policies – master strategies for acing HR interviews, and learn how to differentiate themselves as exceptional candidates for the job.
- Online, self-paced (study 4 hours/week to finish in 10 weeks)
- Comprehensive coverage of HR compliance topics
- Suitable for HR professionals at various stages of their career
- HR University runs one of the world’s largest communities for HR professionals with thousands of global members from 500+ companies
2. SHRM-CP (Society for Human Resource Management Certified Professional)
The SHRM-CP certification, offered by the Society for Human Resource Management, is designed for early to mid-career HR professionals. This certification covers key aspects of HR compliance, including employee relations, HR laws, and workplace policies.
- Tailored for early to mid-career HR professionals
- Covers key aspects of HR compliance
3. SHRM-SCP (Society for Human Resource Management Senior Certified Professional)
The SHRM-SCP certification, also offered by the Society for Human Resource Management, is designed for senior-level HR professionals. This certification focuses on advanced HR compliance topics, such as managing complex workplace issues and developing strategic HR policies.
- Designed for senior-level HR professionals
- Covers advanced HR compliance topics
4. PHR (Professional in Human Resources) by HRCI (Human Resource Certification Institute)
The PHR certification, offered by the Human Resource Certification Institute, is a well-respected certification in the HR industry. This certification covers various aspects of HR compliance, including employee relations, labor laws, and policies for legal compliance issues.
- Well-respected certification in the HR industry
- Covers various aspects of HR compliance
5. SPHR (Senior Professional in Human Resources) by HRCI
The SPHR certification, also offered by the Human Resource Certification Institute, is designed for senior-level HR professionals. This certification delves deeper into HR compliance topics and emphasizes strategic HR management and policy development.
- Targeted at senior-level HR professionals
- Covers in-depth HR compliance topics
- Emphasizes strategic HR management and policy development
6. AIRS Certified Diversity and Inclusion Recruiter (CDR) Certification
The CDR Certification offered by AIRS focuses on diversity and inclusion in the recruitment process. This certification helps HR professionals ensure that their organization’s talent acquisition strategies are compliant with diversity and inclusion regulations.
- Focuses on diversity and inclusion in talent acquisition
- Helps HR professionals ensure compliance with regulations
7. CCP (Certified Compensation Professional) by WorldatWork
The CCP certification, offered by WorldatWork, focuses on compensation management and compliance. This certification is suitable for HR professionals responsible for designing, implementing, and managing compensation programs that adhere to legal and regulatory requirements.
- Concentrates on compensation management and compliance
- Suitable for HR professionals responsible for compensation programs
8. CEBS (Certified Employee Benefit Specialist) by International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans and the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
The CEBS certification focuses on employee benefits management and compliance. This certification is ideal for HR professionals responsible for designing, implementing, and managing employee benefit programs that comply with relevant laws and regulations.
- Focuses on employee benefits management and compliance
- Ideal for HR professionals responsible for employee benefit programs
- Offered in partnership with a prestigious business school, the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How long does it take to complete HR compliance training courses?
The duration to complete a HR compliance certification varies depending on the specific certification, course structure, and individual study pace. Generally, it can take anywhere from a couple of months to over a year to complete a certification. HR University courses are self-paced and students tend to complete the courses in about 10 weeks.
2. What is the cost of obtaining a HR compliance training?
The cost of going through HR compliance-focused training varies depending on the specific certification and the organization offering it. Certification fees can range from a few hundred to several thousand dollars. This may include application fees, exam fees, and study materials. Both the HR Generalist and the HR Manager courses offered by HR University cost $199.
3. Do HR compliance certifications need to be renewed?
Some HR compliance certifications require periodic recertification, typically every 2-3 years. Recertification usually involves earning continuing education credits, participating in professional development activities, and adhering to a code of ethics. When you sign up for one of HR University’s courses, you get lifetime access to the content, which means you can go through the course again in a couple of years if you wish. We frequently update the course content to ensure students have access to the most recent trends.